Hummus with Chipotle
Make this delicious Middle Eastern dip, using canned chick peas or cook them in minutes in your Instant Pot. This recipe kicks it up with Bluewater Pepper Farm Hot Smokey Chipotle powder giving it a bit of smoke and heat. Whiz the ingredients together in a food processor and that's it!Use hummus as a dip with veggie sticks, tortilla chips or crackers. I like to use it in place of butter on my sandwich too.
- 1 15 oz can chick peas, drained Set aside the liquid. If you cooked your own chick peas, let them cool down before processing
- 2 Tbsp Tahini sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Bluewater Pepper Farm Hot Smokey Chipotle Add more if you like it spicy
- 1 Garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chick pea liquid Add more or less to suit your preference
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice About 1/2 of a lime
- Put all ingredients into your food processor and process on high. I like to whiz it for 3 minutes – it will seem like forever, but it will make your hummus deliciously creamy and smooth.
- Periodically scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Add more chick pea liquid if it seems too thick and adjust the chipotle, lime and salt to taste.
Add a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil just before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.